Very Short Type Questions and Answers:
Q1: Name the two substances which are responsible for the control and coordination in plants.
Q2: What are nastic movements? Give one example.
Q3: What are the different Hormones found in Plants and their functions?
Q4: What are receptors? What type of receptors detects smell and taste?
Q5: How the information is send to brain in animals?
Q6: What is cranium?
Q7: How are tissues protected in a brain?
Q8: What is role of brain in reflex action?
Q9: What happens at the synapse between two neurons?
Q10: What is stimulus?
Long Type Questions and Answers:
Q11: What are the different types of nervous systems found in human body? Mention the functions of each.
Q12: Draw the schematic diagram of reflex arc. Define reflex action with suitable example.
Q13: Draw the labeled structure of human brain.
Q14: What are the four main parts of the fore brain? Give the function of each part.
Q15: What are the three parts of the mid brain and their functions?
Q16: Which part of the human brain is responsible for: Intelligence and Memory, Adjustment, movement and Posture, Smell?
Q17: Give the role of Frontal lobe, temporal, lobe and medulla oblongata.
Q18: Name the different lobes found in the fore brain and give their functions.
Q19: What is geotropism?
Q20: What are plant hormones?
Q21: What are controlled movements? How this process happens?
Q22: What are electrical impulses? What re its limitations?
Q23: How the stimulated cells overcome the limitations of electrical impulses?
Q24: How do auxins promote the growth of a tendril around a support?
Q24: Which hormone is responsible for the wilting of leaves in plants?
Q25: What are hormones? Who coined the term hormones?
Q26: What is function of adrenaline? Explain briefly?
Q27: Why diabetes is happen? What is insulin?
Q28: Draw the diagram showing endocrine glands in a male body/female body and label: Pituitary, Thyroid, Adrenal, Testis/ovaries, Thalamus, and Hypothalamus.
Q29: Name the hormone associated with a) Reduction of blood glucose in the body b) Overall metabolism of the body.
Q30: Write the function of testes & ovaries.
Q31: What is function of pituitary gland?
Q34: What is need of control and coordination in the body?
Q35: Which is the structural and functional unit of nervous system? Describe with the help of a diagram.
Q36: “Nervous and the hormonal system together perform the function of the control and coordination in the humans”. Justify.
Very Short Answers (1 Mark)
1. Where is auxin synthesized in plants?
2. Which gland is known as Master gland?
3. Name the hormone that regulates blood sugar level.
4. What is synapse?
5. What are tropic movements? Give one examples
6. Which part of brain is responsible for maintaining posture and balance of our body?
7. Which hormone has inhibiting effect on growth of plants.
8. What is phototropism?
9. What are the components of central Nervous System?
10. What happens at synapse between two neurons?
Short Answers (2 Marks)
1. Draw diagram of neuron and label cell body, dendrites and axon.
2. What is reflex arc? Explain with the help of a flow-chart.
3. Mention one function of each of the following
4. What is the cause of diabetes? How can it be controlled?
5. Why is it advisable to use iodised salt?
6. Name the different receptors present in our body and write their functions.
7. What are plant hormones? Name a plant hormone that promotes growth in plants.
8. What are sensory and motor neurons? Write their functions.
9 Why is Abscisic acid called a stress hormone?
10. Explain bending of a plant stem towards light by the action of auxin hormone.
Short Answers (3 Marks)
1. What is the significance of tropic movement in plants? Explain any two types of tropic movements.
2. (i) What are endocrine glands?
(ii) Name a gland which has both endocrine and exocrine functions. Also write its endocrine and exocrine secretions.
3. Which hormone is known as emergency hormone in our body? How does it help in coping during emergency?
Long Answers (5 Marks)
(a) Define hormones.
(b) Name any four endocrine glands and the hormones secreted by them.
(c) Name the hormones required for the following :
(i) development of moustache and beard in male
(ii) Lowering of blood glucose.
2. Mention the functions of :
(a) Fore brain
(b) Mid brain
(c) Hind brain